Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rapture

There was a rumor that today would be the end of the world as we know it. To some extent the prediction was true. At least for me. My days of Doctor prescribed torture are complete. I don't see another Doctor until late June. My next scan isn't until July. I won't know what to do! I suppose I can just devote my attention to growing hair.

So now begins the healing. The radiation kicked my ass a bit. The nurse said it could be weeks until my throat feels better. Eating completely sucks. It tastes all wrong and it hurts. For the first time in my life I eat only for necessity. It has been a good life lesson, and I hope I can carry my respect for food forward as I am able to eat again. I am still a bit tired as well. Only time will help.

I need to heal mentally as well. I still get overwhelmed when I think about this last six months. My life took a crazy turn and I am on a different road now. I am finally in a place where I can take a moment to navigate and make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

Robbie and I are headed to a cabin in the Smokey Mountains later this week. I am looking forward to getting away with my best friend. As hard as this whole experience has been for me, it has been equally as difficult for him. Lots of fresh air, sleep, and solitude will serve us both well.

So for me, a world filled with poison and daily doses of radiation has ended and I feel fine!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. It's all downhill from here, Baby!
    OXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy lemon squeezy from here on out!

    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete