Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Magic Mouthwash my Ass

My throat hurts. A lot.

It started hurting last Friday. By Monday it was sore enough to ask the radiation oncologist for a remedy and he prescribed the very expensive “Magic Mouthwash”. But it made me hurl when I tried to use it, so I hesitate to try it again. Yesterday my throat was sore enough that I chewed all of my food to a state of mush to avoid any type of scraping in my throat.

Today I’m pondering whether food is even worth it. This pain is getting worse each day and I’m going to have to attempt to mitigate it. Tonight I am either going to try the mouthwash again, or the home remedy Robbie found on the Internet that consists of water, salt, and baking soda. I am hoping that maybe if I take an anti-nausea pill prior to gargling the world’s nastiest mouthwash that maybe I can control the gag reflex.

Eight more days of radiation. Eight very long days. Many apologies to those who cross my path during this time. I am having difficulty keeping my shiny attitude.

1 comment:

  1. My mom swore by Magic Mouthwash when she had so many medicines that her mouth looked absolutely horrifying. It may hurt when you do it, but you'll probably end up feeling much better for a long time.

    ReplyDelete